I normally don’t pride myself in being much of a beauty expert or claim to have many tricks of the trade, but if I have one beauty hack – it’s the art of the straightener curl. This is where I can finally say that my friends are envious of this skill of mine. I’ve shared this secret with them and since we’re all friends here, I thought I’d share it with you, too.
In a time where big, glamorous curls or textured beachy waves are in – but curlers are out, many ladies turn to the “wand.” This usually questionably shaped hair tool has the capability to create some beautiful curls – but has some major drawbacks.
1. The glove. Who wants to have to wear a glove while doing their hair? Inconvenient and not cute.
2. The ends of the hair. Since you must hold the ends of your hair when using a wand leaving them straight and uncurled. (If you can get your ends seamlessly curled using a wand, good on you – that shit is hard)
3. The burns. I think this goes without explanation, but the burns on your neck and hands suck.
So now you find yourself asking “Well honey, what is your genius idea then?” Oh, do I have a solution for you! Let me introduce you to the art of the straightener curl. It is the answer to all your wand-related struggles, PLUS, it’s a two-in-one product, curl or straighten your hair with the exact same tool.
1. It’s easy. Simply clamp at the root of your hair, rotate once to wrap the hair around the straightener and then gently pull the straightener down the hair. BOOM a beautiful curl.
2. No burns. No more having to explain that the mark on your neck is a burn and not a hickey. (I see you, don’t act like you haven’t had to explain this one).
3. Two-for-the-price-of-one. How can you reject the idea of having one great product that serves a dual purpose? Plus, it makes splurging on a quality tool seem a little less daunting when you only need to do it once.
Not yet convinced? Here are some pictures of curls I did myself with a straightener.
Now that I’m sure I have you convinced that straightener curls are the curl of the future, here is a product test done by REVIEWS.COM where they tested the industries top straighteners to find the crème-de-la-crème of the straightener world. Check out the results and see which straightener would be best for you.
And if you’re curious as to who took such lovely photos of me (trust me, she is the only one who can do that successfully), check out Ashley Senja Photography! She is a pro, she is lovely and she always captures my good side.
Have you tried straightener curls or have any hair-hacks? Let me know!